China – A 23-year-old girl was hospitalised after complains of multiple body pain. The hospital examination found that she was infected with the cysticercosis.
There are lots of raw food out there that tastes awesome but before you eat any do make sure that it is safe to eat! This woman in Thailand suffered from a parasitic worm infection because of her fondness of eating raw pork and has now ended up with hundreds of the parasites in her body.
The X-ray pictures of the hospitalized 23 year old Chinese girl revealed that her brain, rear parts of her eyes , thighs, abdominal and back muscles were covered with parasites and large white cysts. Her family said that since the age of 10 years their daughter began to eat raw pork meat.
Patients with porcine cysticercosis experience symptoms such as dyspnea, pale face, thin muscles and weakness. If there are too many worms in the body, the host can even die. It is reported that the patient started taking medication after seeking medical treatment and underwent surgery to remove the parasites.
According to the Hong Kong Department of Health website, to avoid parasitic infection, people should avoid eating high-risk foods such as raw or undercooked meat, especially beef, pork and fish, and foods should also be thoroughly washed and cooked.
It should be noted that pork tapeworm can also be transferred via unwashed and uncooked vegetables, so make sure to scrub the veggies.
Sadly, China is known for it’s animal meat born diseases and pandemics. The Chinese government really needs to get people aware of public health measures like cooking pork and germ theory. She’d probably been treating symptoms with Traditional Chinese Medicine her entire life.
Does raw pork have parasites?
Three parasites pose a public health risk from the ingestion of raw or undercooked pork, namely: Trichinella spiralis, Taenia solium and Toxoplasma gondii. Inspection procedures, when practised according to prescribed methods, are effective in eliminating the majority of risks from T.
Is pork OK to eat pink?
A Little Pink Is OK: USDA Revises Cooking Temperature For Pork : The Two-Way The U.S. Department of Agriculture lowered the recommended cooking temperature of pork to 145 degrees Fahrenheit. That, it says, may leave some pork looking pink, but the meat is still safe to eat.
Is it OK to eat rare pork?
Rare pork is undercooked. Both uncooked or raw pork and undercooked pork are unsafe to eat. Meat sometimes has bacteria and parasites that can make you sick. Thorough cooking kills any germs that might be present.
How long does it take to get sick from eating undercooked pork?
Abdominal symptoms can occur 1–2 days after infection. Further symptoms usually start 2–8 weeks after eating contaminated meat. Symptoms may range from very mild to severe and relate to the number of infectious worms consumed in meat.
What are the signs of trichinosis?
These symptoms usually include diarrhea (loose stool/poop), nausea (feeling of sickness in the stomach), fatigue, and stomach pain. Other symptoms may appear 2-8 weeks after infection and may include fever, headaches, chills, muscle soreness, pain and swelling around the eyes.
Can trichinosis go away on its own?
Trichinosis usually isn’t serious and often gets better on its own, usually within a few months. However, fatigue, mild pain, weakness and diarrhea may linger for months or years. Your doctor may prescribe medications depending on your symptoms and the severity of infection. Anti-parasitic medication.
What kills trichinosis?
Thoroughly cooking meats can kill Trichinella larvae, and freezing pork (but not meat from wild animals) usually kills the larvae. Antiparasitic drugs such as albendazole can eliminate the worms from the intestine but not larvae in muscles, and analgesics are needed to relieve muscle pain.